Armchair Marketing, trading as Leebot ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Armchair Marketing, The Old Dairy, Blisworth Hill Farm, Northampton, NN73DB.
About the website and Leebot service
Leebot.co.uk is a website service that provides a gateway for car sellers (individual, trade or manufacturers) to promote their stock via targeted adverts aimed at ready to buy consumers via google and facebook platforms.
We take the information you provide and the photos you provide, to then create lots of adverts with the help of technology, robots and some smart people. The advertiser can give us instructions to change, edit or remove their adverts at any time.
We collect the following data
1. General account and login information: Name, Login and password, Phone number, Email address.
Your name login and password are used to register and administer your account. Your email address is used is used to contact you about your account, to send you updates and advice with think will be helpful. We use your phone number to contact you if there is anything very urgent. Your contact information is also shown in your ‘adverts’ if you choose so.
2. Information about your content. You provide us with photographs for your advertising and highlight key information to help interest buyers. You also select targeting options to enable us to reach the right types of buyers based upon your options on price, reach, and timing.
All of this information is used to create a number of specific adverts to put in front of potential buyers in google and facebook. The information is previewed prior to being made into lots of different versions via the Leebot robots and our back end boffins.
This information is provided by you and can be updated or edited at any time.
3. Payment process is managed via a third party partner
We do not have any involvement here. When we get to the payment stage in the process we pass you to our partner partner stripe.com via safe and secure servers. We do not see or take any personal information from the process. Either a credit balance is added to the account or not - that’s all we know.
- Leebot's software acts as an automated bridge to advertise your products and services to advert viewers on websites managed by large third parties with their own Privacy Policies. We suggest you read the google and facebook policies if you are concerned in any way, but they are two of the largest properties in the world and most web users visits these sites on a daily basis.
- Any information provided may be used for compliance or legal requirements, along with help us refine and improve the service we provide users.
- If you contact us for any reason we will keep a record and this may be used to help us train staff or improve areas of our service for the future.
- We do not forsee any reason why we would want to collect or store any sensitive information about you or your business.
Management of Data
We use information provided to us in accordance with the latest codes, rules and acts as has been outlined in the overview.
If you feel that we hold any information about you that you do not want us to have for any reason, or feel we may have some incorrect information then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do our best to protect your information, but we cannot guarantee the security of information or data transferred to the website or our partner sites. Any action is at your risk. Once we have received your information we do have our own strict processes and security measures in place but passing information to our partner sites does fall outside our control.
Information about you and your car adverts may be sent outside of the EU for storage, management or processing. Data protection rules may well be less stringent there.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website (our site) or by corresponding with us face-to-face or by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
This includes information you provide when you visit our premises and provide information to our staff, register to use our site, and when you report a problem with our site or our services.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph. Calls to and from Armchair Marketing & Leebot may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We respect our customers data and work carefully to ensure that it is handled with the same care as if it were our own. We only ask for the information we need to perform our service and we partner with another site to confidentially manage all transactional data. Our advertising platform provides a gateway into various social platforms which are trusted and used by most web users on a daily basis.
Use of Intercom Services:
We use third-party analytics services to help understand your usage of our services. In particular, we provide a limited amount of your information (such as sign-up date and some personal information like your email address) to Intercom, Inc. (“Intercom”) and utilize Intercom to collect data for analytics purposes when you visit our website or use our product. As a data processor acting on our behalf, Intercom analyzes your use of our website and/or product and tracks our relationship by way of cookies and similar technologies so that we can improve our service to you.
For more information on the privacy practices of Intercom, please visit https://www.intercom.com/terms-and-policies#privacy.
If you would like to opt out of having this information collected by or submitted to Intercom, please contact us.
We use your information in the following ways:
We will use this information: to administer and improve the usability and functioning of our site; to help us improve our services to you and our other customers;
or to measure or understand the effectiveness of our marketing approach.
- We manage any data in accordance with the latest data protection requirements.
- We only communicate with customers when it is necessary or with their consent.
- We only use non-personal data to help us improve the service or to communicate about the service to third parties.
- We may ask you for feedback or reviews of our service and will disclose this information with your permission.
- ask you for details about your car and use the information you provide to us, to then promote your to prospective buyers in facebook and google. You can edit this data at any time in the process both before the advert is placed and afterwards.
- To provide, maintain and improve the Offerings and our other products and services, including to operate certain features and functionality of the Offerings (for example, by remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during this or subsequent visits);
To process your inquiries and otherwise deliver customer service;
To process your payments, we share and use Payment Information
- To control unauthorized use or abuse of the Offerings and our other products and services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
To analyze trends, administer or optimize the Offerings, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users’ movements around the Offerings) and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole;
To communicate directly with you, including by sending you newsletters, promotions and special offers or information about new products and services.
- To deliver you advertising, including by serving and managing ads on the Offerings or on third party sites and to tailor ads based on your interests and browsing history.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To notify you about changes to our service;
If you have any concerns about your privacy or data then please contact email@example.com and write ‘privacy’ in the subject line.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including: Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties: In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, and the data may be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our customers, or others.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Examples of how we’ll share your personal data with third parties:
The free stuff we help to arrange: This one’s pretty crucial for what we do! In order to complete your request for free stuff, we transfer relevant reservation details to the partner that's offering it. Depending on the partner, this can include your name, contact details, payment details, the names of anyone else you submit or other information you specified when you completed the form. If you have a query relating to the submission, or something else related to your informational transaction, we may contact the partner and ask them to handle your request.
Our partners office: In order to support and facilitate the use of the offerings, your details may be shared with partners that act as service providers for Armchair Marketing, including in relation to customer support services.
Third-party service providers: We use service providers, which are not part of the Armchair Marketing family, to support us in providing Armchair Marketing services. These service providers provide support services such ascustomer support;market research;fraud detection and prevention services, including anti fraud screening service.;marketing services. We share personal data with advertising partners, including your email address, as part of marketing the Armchair Marketing services via third parties (to ensure that relevant advertisements are shown to the right audience).
We strive to only share email addresses in hashed form to enable the matching of your email address with an existing customer database so that your email address cannot be used for other purposes.
The transmission of personal data as described in this Privacy Statement may include overseas transfers of personal data to countries whose data protection laws are not as comprehensive as those of the countries within the European Union. Where required by European law, we shall only transfer personal data to recipients offering an adequate level of data protection. In these situations, as may be required, we make contractual arrangements to ensure that your personal data is still protected in line with European standards. You can ask us to see a copy of these contractual agreements using the contact details below.
Personal data you give us about others.
Of course, you might not simply be transacting information on your own behalf, but you may be submitting data for others too. Unfortunately, at this point we have to point out that it’s your responsibility to ensure that the person or people you have provided personal data about are aware that you’ve done so, and have understood and accepted how Armchair Marketing uses their information (as described in this Privacy Statement).
For more information on personalised advertisement and your choices, please read our Cookie Statement. All service providers are required to continue to adequately safeguard your personal data.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you have any questions or comments on our policy then please contact us at email support
The Armchair Marketing & Leebot registered office is:
Armchair Marketing, trading as Leebot, The Old Dairy, Blisworth Hill Farm,
Registered number: 10252617
The information contained on this page was last reviewed on 09 Aug 2019.